Here is the best compilation of Fall of Constantinople memes that will make you laugh, while also probably learning something about the last epic battle of the Byzantine Empire.
The Fall of Constantinople is a controversial historical topic. While many do mourn the loss of an Empire, others saw it as an opportunity for great memes and jokes.
If you’ve ever wanted to see some funny memes about the Fall of Constantinople, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got 45 hilarious memes about the Fall of Constantinople for you to browse through, share, and laugh at.
45 epic Fall of Constantinople memes that will make you laugh
1. It was Attila the Hun who first attempted to take the mighty city, he failed but got rich because the Byzantines agreed to pay a big tribute just to keep him away.
2. After the Fall of Constantinople, Mehmed the Conqueror proclaimed himself “Caesar” a title which was reserved for the Roman Empire.
3. How Constantinople defenders were defeated, simply explained.
4. Constantine XI before his last charge against the Ottoman Forces
5. Byzantine guard: Ups…
7. We all know the answer.
9. Only History Buffs will find it funny.
10. According to some sources, the Ottomans deployed between 12-62 cannons, which could fire around 100 times per day. The exception is the mighty bombard known as the Basilica.
12. Probably one of the best definitions of success, going from failure to failure, without losing hope.
13. I doubt, given the lack of unity of the European powers of the time.
17. Though Constantinople was pillaged for several days. Mehmed the Conqueror sought to rebuild and repopulate the city because he intended to make the former Byzantine city the Capital of its mighty Empire.
19. Very accurate in my opinion, must have been the equivalent of a lottery ticket.
20. Constantine XI’s reaction when the city gates were breached…
23. Mehmed II: Time for a rebranding.
27. Sorry, Constantine, you are not safe even in Minecraft.
30. Mehmen II build a fortress to guard the Bosphorus just for blocking the access of any European reinforcements from the sea.
33. The Ottomans hired a famous Hungarian artisan, his name was Urban(also known as Orban). In three months he built a 9 meter long cannon that could fire 500 kilos cannonballs. The range of the gun was 1.5 km. The biggest disadvantage was its slow reloading time.
40. Sorry, no reinforcements for you. The European Powers are currently busy…
43. Somebody tell Justinian that the Byzantine Empire is no more.
44. Mehmed II entering the city on May 29, 1453, be like…
Hope you enjoyed this compilation of Fall of Constantinople memes. With so many images to choose from, it was hard to know where to start. All I know for sure is that these memes have made me laugh out loud (LOL) a few times.